It all started off with a small mobile discotheque during my teenage years that got me hooked on light and sound. During my time in high school, I slowly got involved in bigger events and started developing a passion for the stage arts volunteering in a small theatre.
While studying Theatre Creation & Technical Production in the Amsterdam Art Academy, I also expanded my experience in the stage arts – theatre, dance and live music – and worked on various corporate and live events and productions, including in creative teams.
Since moving to Canada in 2010, I’ve managed to continue my ambition to offer my support to live events.
I posses the following documents to facilitate work:
- Operation certificate for platform lifts
- Certificate for fall protection and safe working at heights
- Certificate for rescue at heights
- EU passport for working on projects in the EU/EEA without visa/permit requirements
- Nexus card for faster border crossings and reducing time at airports
I’m a member of the Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology (CITT) and the dutch association: Vereniging voor Podiumtechnologie (VPT).